NUB-Want to build a smoker, need advice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

desertloper

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
Hey guys-I'm new to the forum-and want to build a smoker.  Main uses will be salami-up to 50lbs.  Then ribs, brisket, pork roast, etc.

I am looking for a budget build-I don't need it too fancy-just good enough to get the job done.

I think I want propane or electric vs fire.

I was thinking of using an old fridge/freezer-but also see some guys with plywood houses.

If you wouldn't mine giving me a quick rundown of what to go after I would like the help.

I'm guessing this is a fairly common request, so if there is a sticky thread where all of this can be found please link me there.

I appreciate everyone's input-and look forward to learning more with this forum.

-pete

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky