Now I went and did it!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

capt dan

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 2, 2007
After last saturday smoke, 2 butts a fatty and my first Chuck roast, I just couldn't help myself. On thursday I am smoking our 12 lb bird, and am pretty confident , thanks to all the helpfull folks here. But I just couldn't leave 1/3 of my grill space vacant,wouldn'y be right. So today me and the butcher get to chattin, and WE decided that I would toss another Chuck roast in there next to the lonely bird.

Last one was 4.5 lbs, I thought was dry(too used to pulled pork) after pulling it warm, but the next day after being in the fridge,oh baby I was wrong. Seems like most of the smoked meats taste better after they have been in the fridge and eatten cold or even warmed back up.

Anyways, He asks about how big of a chunk I wanted, I really wanted the whole giant piece, but I showed him the place to cut it and "Slice", there is was. A nice 9.75 lb chunk -o-chuck with some great marbling.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I hate to say it, but I am almost looking forward to it more than the first smoked bird.
icon_eek.gif

I realize the chuck will be in there twice as long, But I figure By the time the first feast is done and cleaned-up, and the lions-packers game is over, be just about time to foil that bad boy, and finish it up to 200.

I think I just put on 5 lbs thinkin about it!

I will get some pics too, I think I remember how to do them........Oh the insanity!
icon_cry.gif

Yep, looks like saturdays steelhead tournament will have a decent menu on board of leftovers! Just hafta get guys to leave the grub to get outside the cabin and catch some fish!
icon_rolleyes.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky