novice smoker user in Florida

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nakedape

Original poster
Dec 7, 2014
Hi folks, I was gifted a Big Chief smoker a couple years ago, and have as of today not used it yet.  I am going to try it out with a 6 lb load of catfish fillets and alder wood chips.  I am waiting for a couple of thermometers I will be installing above the top rack and above the 2nd rack to get a good average temp.  I plan on keeping a log of all batches I smoke to include things like brine used, brine time, smoking temp, and time smoking, will note outside temp also.  I have lots to learn I am sure.  Also have plans to build untreated plywood insulated box to encompass Big Chief smoker and to include cold smoke box over for doing cheese.  I just found your site yesterday.  My normal chat site is Survival Monkey.  Thanks for having me.

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions
Post it and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is
because their are so many different ways to make great Q...
Happy smoken.
David

Hey There N.A.,

Greetings and salivations, welcome to the forum.  Look forward to seeing what ya produce.

I grew up on a Little Chief smoker, great little unit for what it is.  If you still have the box for your smoker they make a good temporary insulator. Just cut one end off it and slide it over the top. Happy smokin' and don't forget the pics...we love to drool. - Ed

drool.gif

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from an overcast and cool day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything .

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky