Not Too Late Sweet Potato/Apple Casserole

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

willkat98

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 11, 2005
I can't believe I didnt post this here. I just ate my 5th serving since Thanksgiving.

Casserole dish.

First peel and then:
Slice up 2 apples (granny smith is fine)
Slice up a large sweet potato (or 2 small ones)

Spray dish.
add slices of sweet potato for one layer. sprinkle cinnamon

add layer of apples. sprinkle cinnamon. sprinkle brown sugar.

repeat until you are about an inch above the dish (adding more apples or sweet taters if needed)

Cover in foil.

bake at 350* covered for at least 1.5 hours. It should reduce back into the dish.

I have won over about 50 people to add this to Thanksgiving, Xmas, or a cold winters night meal ticket, but always point credo's to the American Heart Assoc. salt free cook book.

Try it, you'll like it.

MMmmm sounds good. We always do the sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving. If you remove the foil the last ten minutes and add miniture marshmallows on top and let them get all toasty brown on top, I know it would win my daughter over to it!! :mrgreen:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky