Not so CUUUUUTE anymore :)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dougmays

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 18, 2010
Gainesville, FL
That subject was a friendly poke at KathrynN ;) LOL

As some of you know i recently bought a nice RF smoker on a trailer. The smoker was great but the trailer it sat was was not necessarily made for long hauls on the roads. I found it swaying and rocking a lot at speeds about 70mph and on uneven roads..it was a very uneasy feeling towing it back and forth.

I started to think...should i buy a new trailer and have someone put the smoker on it? Should i extend the trailer that i already have based on suggestions from members of the forum? Will i be able to put larger (more stable tires) on the current trailer if i update the current trailer? and how much will this cost me??

Well after many conversations on here with various members and throwing around a few ideas...Ron (RubbinButts) came to my aide! He offered his many years of experience with this kind of work to help me build a new trailer! Almost instantly he had the beginning parts ready and after giving him a few specs and pictures showing dimensions he got to work building a trailer for me. 

I brought it up to him this past Sunday and less then 2 days he has the all built, painted and looking all kinds of awesome!! I couldn't have asked for a better set up! 

So again THANK YOU Ron! Truely great to have a friend like him around!

With no further a-do here she is...

Before

After

COOLness!  Looks great! (and it's still CUUUUTE!)
icon14.gif

Kat

WOWWWW.. just found the thread... Ron, It's people like you and Joe (Boykjo, for helping another member out) that make this site so AWESOME... Giving, just for the joy of sharing... YOU GUYS ARE GREAT...

Doug... now your looking like a pro backyarder :biggrin:

Nice looking rig Doug!

I used to have a race car trailer that gave me the same problem!

Looks like your original trailer was built to haul the smoker from the front yard to the back.  Well done Ron!

Bill

I think next time I'm up we Mount that portolet onto the trailer :)

BTW I'm going 80 on the turnpike and the smoker is hanging like a champ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky