Not my own Q, but darned good!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

radio

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jul 28, 2013
S.W. Mo
I'e been craving ribs since getting out of the hospital, but just haven't felt up to smoking any. Today while in Branson, I stopped by Big D's BBQ and picked up two racks for dinner. @Dana P does Q Texas style just the way I like without sauce mopped on it! He makes killer smoked Mac and cheese on Fridays, but I forgot about it so had to make a pan of baked cheesy goodness to go with the ribs
20180112_171642.jpg

Reactions: Rings Я Us
Looks like Virginia style to me :D
Either way,I wouldn't be passing that place very often!
His Brisket has nothing but salt and pepper on it and is among the best I've ever had. He has Old Hickory propane smokers in the food truck and seasons with sawn Pecan so there is no bark.
Anyone ever notice that when you smoke your own meats, it takes a heck of a Pit Master to meet your expectations?

We have a football running back star from the Detroit lions past.. Billy Sims, # 20 , before Barry Sanders. He has 2 BBQ joints by me that are supposed to be good. I need to try his Q one-day.

Radio good to hear that you are out,hope you are felling better
Richie
I think I would eat them ribs

We have a football running back star from the Detroit lions past.. Billy Sims, # 20 , before Barry Sanders. He has 2 BBQ joints by me that are supposed to be good. I need to try his Q one-day.

There is a Billy Sim's BBQ joint in Springfield, MO and I have eaten there one time. I swear they must use one of those pressure "smokers" and infuse some smoke flavor to the meat. It was mushy and not very big portions. We also have a Famous Dave's which I did not even manage more than a few bites. Good selection of sauces, but the BBQ sucked big time!
Big D's is the only place I have been back to multiple times. His ribs are better than what I can cook in the stick burner and really makes me want a propane smoker or pellet grill

Being in the BBQ capital of the world mediocre BBQ joints don't last long. Too many places to go that have good Q. That is outside of home brewed Q.

I have not been to K.C since I was a teen and never had BBQ there. If it's mopped with sauce while smoking, or slathered in it before serving, I don't care for it and too many places do it that way. Heck, I don't even use a steak sauce unless the steak is inedible otherwise, even then it should be sent back and not doctored up.
Salt and pepper on beef and dry rub on pork is just the way I like things.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky