Noobie in Southern CA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

patohunter

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 14, 2008
Southern California
I have been going to a Barbeque place near my house for Pulled Pork Southern Style Sandwiches (meat, cole slaw, bread and sauce) for a while. I am a decent cook and griller. I need to add BBQ (the real kind) to my repertiore. Tried yesterday to make pulled pork, all i got was a really tender prok raoast that was smoky on the outside. It was delicious, but not what I wanted...so here I am looking fo help and suggestions, trying to learn the art of real BBQ.

I have a Brinkman Electric SS Smoker. I have used it to smoke fish and Duck Breasts.
I have Alder, Cherry, Mountain Mahogany, Oak, Apple, Plum, Mesquite, Hickory, and Maple Wood Chunks.

Im 36 years old and only recently discovered real Barbeque. WOW!!! That's all I can say...what Ive been calling BBQ on a gas grill is NOT BBQ, I dont know what you call it but it isnt BBQ.

Patohunter

Welcome to the smf. I would suggest taking Jeff's 5 day E-course for some good information on getting started. I'm sure you will find all the help you need here on the forums.

Happy Smokin

Steve

Welcome to the board patohuter
wink.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky