Non Smoked Loin Not Good

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

niniron

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
I just went to the in-laws for lunch and had loin from the oven that had no taste what so ever.. Please tell me when you smoke one it will be much better.

Oh yes, there is a big difference. I often inject mine and put them on a rotisserie on the big 5 burner grill !

Hi noniron and yeah they are much better. I have done quite a few being here in Iowa. Think my best one was stuffed with a cream cheese, garlic and green onion mix.

We have done some in both the crockpot and oven and they have truned out tasty. Although we cook them covered with a pepper jelly glaze.

No need to brine it either IMHO. I marinade it in Mojo, then throw some rub on it. Lay some strips of bacon across it and pull it off the smoker around 150 to 155º. You'll love it.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

A CURE will give you a "hammy" sort of flavor.. in addition to spices you add- and sliced thin some great lunchmeat... a salt brine will add to the flavor and moistness. You don't HAVE to brine... but it gives you another avenue to add flavors/tastes.

I can't wait to smoke one.. Thanks for all the advice

I smoked a pork loin today. I rubbed it down with seasoning salt and fresh ground black pepper.

Smoked over hickory. Sprayed with apple juice every 30 mins. I took it out of the smoker when the internal temp hit 150. Wrapped that baby in foil for about 30 minutes.

It was great!

Hi RN Stop into Roll Call and make an intro post as we're nosy and can give better answers if we know the parameters. Well..unless yer that good ;{)

To me, pork is generally bland, but mix in some additional flavors (marinade, smoke, rub, etc.) and the flavor really comes out. It just needs some help to bring out the taste, and it's well worth it when done right.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky