no time for brine

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokeonthewater

Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Clayton,NY
No time for brine on a chicken ...well asumuing that we all have smokers and maybe a charcoal grill as well if u dont have time for brine and your worried about the chicken drying out ...try rubbing them down the day before or evem that morning and just grill them first on a charcoal grill just to get that skin nice amd crispy ...like 15 20 min on either side...and if it chars a bit dont sweat it they moisen right up in smoker...when done on the grill put in smoker at about 265-275 and smoke until internal temp is 180 or so put in cooler or pan in the oven to rest for 20 min and you will have nice juicy chicken no brine required...and i also spritz mine with a mixture of apple juice apple cider vineger and butter....I did 300 chicken halfs for the gun show for the town...and every peice was juicy as hell.....sold out in 5 hours

Good tip. I went to cook some Thighs the other day and was worried about dryness because there was no time to Brine. Looking at the package it said it was Enhanced with 12% broth for juiciness. So it was injected and essentially prebrined. Seems more companies are enhancing their birds. They taste good but it sucks paying $2+ a pound for water weight!...JJ

Seems more companies are enhancing their birds. They taste good but it sucks paying $2+ a pound for water weight!...JJ
I so agree! and they don't clean the fat pockets near the tail, and stick in 2 necks in the cavity, AND wash down before packaging with Clorox!

I think I would rather a nutrient pill please, I'll try the beef taste today, I had the chicken pill last night.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky