Nice to meet yall

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by smokin' char, Feb 29, 2008.

1. [​IMG]Hi Im Char,
    I am from Laurel Mississippi, "the hospitality", "you might be a redneck if" state and I am buying a new smoker/grill soon like tomarrow. I love to cook and love to grill and love to eat too [​IMG] .. Anyways I am from the deep south and i love my southern roots.. I love our food and love to learn new ways to cook anything except, baked fish (long story).. My grandmother used to teach me to cook when i was very young. She would make me sit and watch as she rolled out dumplins from scartch, I would get so mad because I wanted to play. I am glad she did now. That had nothing to do with smokin meat..that will be soon in a future thread..
    I was refered here by Smokin' Joe, a good friend for a good while now. He thinks I am a hilbilly and I think he is a yankee, we both may just be "right". He taught me how to make a "fatty" ( it was the bomb) and I taught him how to make "real" sweet tea..Im glad he showed me this forum, and its nice to meet yall.

2. bustedluckbarbq

bustedluckbarbq Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF!! You'll find lots of friendly folks here willing to help you learn and share experiences with you! Check out the 5 day ecourse... lots of good info in it and its free!!

3. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF forum! When you get strted, don't forget the Qview. We all just love pictures.

4. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome aboard......Glad you found us.......

5. desertlites

desertlites Master of the Pit OTBS Member

yup welcome aboard-glad your here.

6. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome Char! I too learned a thing or two from Grandma and Mom. And Grandpas, Uncle John, etc... heh! Good to know your roots! Enjoy your time here.

7. lcruzen

lcruzen Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Howdy down yonder Char and welocme to SMF. I'll bet you can make a mean sweet potatoe pie....am I right? Just one of my many weaknesses!

8. gramason

gramason Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF.

9. Hey Char...glad you made it here. Post your cornbread recipe, I am sure many people here would love to try it with their next bbq. [​IMG]

10. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hi Char, and welcome to the Family!!! I love a good corn bread, please post your recipe in the Bread section. Meanwhile, I'll get my cast iron fry pan ready. . .

11. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome! Were always glad to swap recipes and hear bout the good old days! Can't beat first hand information from the folks who had to cook that way!

12. flyin'illini

flyin'illini Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Welcome, Char.

13. mossymo

mossymo Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

smokin' char
    Welcome to SMF, great to have you here !!!

14. Hey Char! Good to see another Mississippian here. I'm south of you in Vancleave. This forum is great! Everyone is so helpful. Enjoy!

15. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome Char! Glad to have you aboard.[​IMG]