Nice Day For Snacksticks and Soppresatta

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Robert H

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 29, 2017
Hello All
Got some trim from the local abbatoir Friday(Thursdays kill) and made up some umai soppresatta and some venison/beef/ pork snacksticls. First time using Bambi for me, 5lbs mixed with 5lbs beef and 10 lbs pork. Diced up with about 10 medium sized jalapeno, chillies, black pepper, glucose, garlic and salt of course. Overall, a good taste, but not happy with the snap of the collagen case. I am thinking I brought temp up too quickly. Please chime in if you have overcome this problem. The soppresatta is standard umai recipe with some cracked peppercorns and some smoked chillies added. The patties had a nice kick. You can see them hanging in the one pic. So, a good day spent and enjoyed the patties with some cold beer and fresh baked foccacia bread.
Stay safe everyone, hopefully be mask free soon.
20210502_161553.jpg
20210502_180428.jpg
20210502_151522.jpg

Looks good to me! Keep practicing and you'll get it nailed down soon enough!

I have made it using the umai system a few times with good results. I plan on makiing it some the traditional way very soon.

I have made it using the umai system a few times with good results. I plan on makiing it some the traditional way very soon.
It's alot of work, and we always used my uncles caller to hang it. But great memories of those times. Let me know how it goes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky