• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tj3775

Original poster
Jul 5, 2008
I love to cook and usally can make whatever I want. I got this huge Brinkman pit smoker with an offset firebox. Used it a couple or 3 times with dismal results. I think its been 5 yrs since I tried it again and like before, the results were the same. grr

But I found you guys and will give it a second or third time. I intend to get it to work.

I work for a large construction co in eastern tenn as a network engineer. We own a bunch of Arby's restraunts, some golf courses, a bowling alley or two and some coal/timber mines in kentucky. I bought myself a bass boat and have started to do some more fishing (used to go all the time when I was younger). Anything else, feel free to ask.

Thanks for providing a nice forum

Hey TJ - glad to have you with us at SMF. To get the necessary basics for smoking meats I suggest signing up for the free, 5-day eCourse that's offered by the creator of this site. Between the stuff he provides you with in the eCourse, and the information on the site, your Brinkmann will be up and smoking in no time.

Welcome!
biggrin.gif

Keep at it, you'll figure it out with practice.

Also, don't go too fast. Start slow with some easier cuts of meat such as chicken, sausage, etc. and work your way up to the more complicated meats (pork butts, ribs, brisket, etc.).

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing the pics of your smokes.

DONT GIVE UP BRO,
I myself yrs ago tried smokin and became discouraged,...came across a new braunfels w/offset fire box bout a month ago and thought what the hell......found this site and the crew here,..........nothin but success since....got a question just ask. you will gain knowledge beyond what u ever expected
TY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky