• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

smokerlover

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 1, 2007
Hello all,
My name is Jeff, I live in N.W. PA. I've always wanted a smoker because the taste is perfect! Since I'm new in this I got an electric smoker by Char Broil from the local Home Depot.

I didn't think smoking would be hard but now I see by this forum it's an art. I'm looking forward to the help and advice I can receive from everyone!

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 21, 2006
hello, jeff. welcome to SMF, the best smoking meat forum on the 'net. have you signed up for jeff's 5-day e-course? loads of good info there. smoking is not really hard, to me anyway. of course, i stay by my smoker when i am smoking.

msmith

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 22, 2006
Welcome aboard jeff glad your here. There are a lot of electric cookers on here, a lot of gas cookers and a few of us wood burners. I second the e-course a lot of great info there. So dont be shy jump on in the smoke is blue and thin.

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
Welcome smokerlover

Smoking is an art. It allows all kinds of creative juices to flow - and tastes good too. Like most great art it is most enjoyed when kept clean and simple. Enjoy!

cheech

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 19, 2005
Love the electric smoker way of smoking meat. Although I just can not get enough smokers (Got my eye on a little "hottie" at Menards)

Glad you are here, any questions ask away

naplesroo

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 13, 2007
Welcome Jeff. Get out your canvas (brisket), and your paints (rub, sauces, marinades, etc.) and paint your masterpiece :!:

cajun_1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 16, 2006
Welcome to the SMF.
Cheech, what lil hottie?

cheech

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 19, 2005
cajun-1 looking at a Brinkman Smoke King Deluxe

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
Cheech your gona be parking in the street before long! I'm jelous!

jmastera

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 24, 2007
Jeff, welcome aboard. My name is Jeff as well and I am also a newb. I too use an eletric and so far I am loving it. I also would recommend the ecourse. I did a bit of research before I even attempted my first smoke and while most of the info I got was helpful the ecousre opened my eyes and pointed me in all the right directions.

tonto1117

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 25, 2007
Welcome to SMF Jeff. Good luck with your smoked turkey and remember we love picture's :D

cajun_1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 16, 2006
Saw that "lil hottie" also. Sure would like to have it at my house also.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.