Newbie trying to learn a thing or two!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

spaceace999

Original poster
Jul 10, 2015
Central Illinios
Hello everyone! I'm a smokin' newbie. I've been talking about wanting to get a smoker for about 6 months. My wife's finally got tired of hearing me talk and bought me a cheap gas smoker for our Anniversary in May this year (2015). Wooho! I found this forum rather quickly and have read a lot of posts to try and learn some of the ins and outs.

So far, I've really enjoyed it. My first attempt was some dry rubbed pork ribs and a brisket. The ribs were a big hit, but I blew it on the brisket. Lesson learned, I bought it with the fat layer removed and probably didn't cook it long enough. Luckily I started with a small 3.5 lb brisket.

I then smoked 2 whole chickens using an Butter Creole injection and Weber Kickin' Chickn' on the outside. The family said it was the best chicken they ever had!! That'll keep a guy going!!

Venturing into a bacon wrapped pork loin next

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from a hot day in East Texas and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky