Newbie to the site from Down Under

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ghoster

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 25, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Hi guys,

My name is John and I'm from Melbourne, Australia.  I've found answers to questions from time to time on your forums, when the search engine has taken me there.  After a number of these I had a look at your site and thought, what am I waiting for!

I've been low and slow cooking for a few years on nearly any weekend I can. Low and slow hasn't been big here is Australia, but is starting to take off now, so we are seeing some good bbq places opening up.

I've got a ProQ bullet smoker (like the WSM but with multiple stackers), and a Webber kettle.

After doing some research I've decided to build a reverse flow offset smoker.  

I've bought some new 24" steel pipe that I plan to use for the smoker and the firebox.  Am planning to use 1/4" steel for the baffle plate as well.

Still working through some aspects of the design.  

I'm planning to post some pics as I go, and will be happy with feedback.  

Oh and yes, I've always wanted to be able to weld, so am teaching myself to weld.

So let the fun begin.

Regards

John

Welcome to the site!  Glad you joined us.  Looking forward to your build and showing off those welds!

Mike

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a cool day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people          with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky