Newbie on my first beefstick run

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
As you can see It appears all is not always lost and some things in life can be fixed.

After 90 minutes of smoke they came out delicious and beautifully colored.

Batch #3 is out of the oven on the hangers and into the smoker now.

So batch #3 came out of the smoker a bit higher temp 180  but cooked faster about 4hrs total cooking time.  so I dowsed them in ice water to stop the cooking.  Rinsed all the lovely color off too!  But they taste real good and still moist.  I think these will do for me and my buddies on next weeks wild pig hunt weekend.  Sticks and strings chasing hogs drinking beer and bbqin till we cant stand it anymore.

Next up on my smoking things to do list is 25lbs of them awesome looking hotdogs from here  I should credit the poster but I cant remember their name? 
73a0ccd0_3done.jpg

Thanks everyone it was fun and I definately will try some other sausages in the future.  I just wont do it the same way.

I figure that with mixing all the meat by hand, stuffing and smoking I have about 20hrs invested for 20lbs of beef sticks.

I have to get some better equipment to make it a worthwile endeavor.

I'm looking for a mixer, a grinder, and a better stuffer.  And since my personal economy has followed the national course my toy budget has suffered this year almost fatally.

I'm looking at a Kithener 15lb vertical stuffer

A Kitchener mixer

and any kind of deal I can find on a good grinder.

Then I plan to build a larger smokehouse,  I had to do 25lbs in three batches.  I realized that it was a good thing because if I had smoked all of them at one batch I would have overcooked them all instead of just seven pounds.

But all in all i am happy with how they came out.

I also want to get away from packaged seasoning mixes.

So while I wait for the funds to improve I plan to spend some serious time reading more of all of your adventures in smoking.

Today I am cooking a pork tenderloin for the weekly family dinner My wife and I, our two kids, their spouses and six kids.  I do a little dry rub, slather it in mustard, then into the smoker at 225-250.

I'm not sure what happens next but It should be good.

I am also going to search through my photo albums and hopefully find some of our previous family dinners I got ribs, briskit and chicken and a whole pig done in my Caja China.

Thanks again everyone that offered me tips and help, much of which contributed greatly to the success I enjoyed from doing these.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky