newbie needs some help and or advice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kbsmokin

Original poster
May 25, 2014
Hey guys and and gals.New to the world of smoking, and I'm thinking I might have bit off more than I can not chew. I just purchased the char griller pellet smoker. Read the reviews most people said for the money it was a good buy. Anyways, I tried smoking some spare ribs last night. Surely its not as difficult as i made it out to be.i know there is alot to smoking, but I had trouble getting to temp and maintaining temp. I assumed an electric pellet smoker the temp would be fairly easy to maintain. I also dont quite understand the "p" setting. Any advice or help anybody has for me wouldbe appreciated.

Hey guys and and gals.New to the world of smoking, and I'm thinking I might have bit off more than I can not chew. I just purchased the char griller pellet smoker. Read the reviews most people said for the money it was a good buy. Anyways, I tried smoking some spare ribs last night. Surely its not as difficult as i made it out to be.i know there is alot to smoking, but I had trouble getting to temp and maintaining temp. I assumed an electric pellet smoker the temp would be fairly easy to maintain. I also dont quite understand the "p" setting. Any advice or help anybody has for me wouldbe appreciated.

Not sure on the "P" setting question... I have a GMG pellet smoker but it does not have that setting ! Not sure the type of controller in the CG's either... I did notice a bunch of links that may be helpful to ya if ya type in Char Griller pellet smoker in the search bar up top !

Welcome to the group. I myself have never use a pellet smoker. I started out with charcoal and now do mainly stick burning. Don't worry to much thou. The group here is very helpful and I'm sure someone will help. You can also try the search bar maybe someone else had the same issue you are having. Keep smoking LOW AND SLOW.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky