Newbie- need advice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cginva

Original poster
Jul 31, 2021
I have the Cuisinart Bristol. I have cooked items individually, but now want to cook several items together at the same time. Looking for advice on the following:
>Temperature?
>Time?
>Wood pellet flavor?
>When to place each item on the grill/remove each item from the grill?

Planning to cook the following items together:
>Filet kabobs with onions, peppers and mushrooms.
>Corn on the cob. (keep or remove the husk?)
>Boneless/skinless chicken breasts.
>Baked potatoes.
>Broccoli.

Thank you for any advice offered.

Wow. Where to start. I'd scale back your plan until you get more experience. Bake the potatoes, boil the corn like you would otherwise. Both can be tricky as far as time required on the grill. At smoking temps, a baked potato can take hours. Also you didn't mention the number of servings, I don't think you have the real estate needed for everything on that cooker.

The long answer would be something like this -

Determine the time you want to serve each dish
Determine the resting time for each dish, also how long you can hold it after cooking
Determine the cooking time for each dish
With that info, work backwards from the time you want it ready to figure out when it should go on.

Also, put the filet chunks on separate skewers from the veggies. No way they will cook at the same rate.

Maybe put the chicken, and veggies on first, let them get a head start then the filet skewers. Broccoli - maybe a grill pan? Again, do you have room? Kabobs take up a lot of space.

I'd think the cooking temp would be in the 325 range.

Good Luck!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky