Newbie - Natural Gas Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

roger-frost

Original poster
Aug 9, 2021
Hello I am from Canada and I have just created space on my deck to install a smoker. I have natural gas available. I would like advice on best natural gas smoker to invest in. Price is not really an option, but nothing crazy. I just dont want to buy a product and then “kick my ass” for not getting the right unit. Just to clarify I have never smoked anything in my life.
Appreciate any guidance or advice you experts can provide.

Regards Roger Frost

First welcome from Nova Scotia

Hi Roger , just saw your post. I am also new to smoking and this is the place to ask all your questions on smoking and what and how to smoke and on what. I have only been a member here sense Jan. of this year, i smoke with propane and that is my first smoker, so I am not much help that way.
Hopefully someone will get back to you. Not sure where in Canada you are but you can try Bass Pro, or Canadian Tire or Napoleon dealers etc to see what they have to offer and maybe hints on their different machines. Good luck

David

There are gas grills that come ready-for-hookup to household natural gas but most folks who don't want the hassle of changing propane bottles just convert an existing propane grill to NG.
I'm no expert but I know of no specific smokers intended for NG use. So if you're comfortable doing the conversion, that's probably your bestoption.
But note you'll still need a wood source to get true smoked flavor in your meet. Otherwise a gas smoker is just a propane grill set on low.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky