Newbie: Just wanted to say Hey!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lever puller

Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Dover, PA
Decided to do something I always wanted to do. SMOKING! I do a fair amount of grilling and open fire cooking and wanted to go one step farther. I was pretty excited when I came across Jeff's website. Starting off with a good electric smoker (Iknow to some that's like cheating), but thought it would be best for now. Self employed and located in PA. Looking forward to getting started and picking the brains of the experts on the forum.

Welcome to Smoking Meat Forums Lever Puller! Don't fret about starting out with an electric smoker, I say go with what ya got you can always upgrade to a different smoker later if you want the challange. Check out Jeff's Smoke e-Course there is a lot of good stuff to know, especially when you're just starting out.

LP, Welcome Friend!! There's an old addage that I'm a firm believer in, "it's the cook, not the cooker that makes good Q". Like Dutch says don't worry about the cooker, were glad to have ya here.

There's lots of good info already here and it's always OK to ask what you don't know. Pour a cup or pop a top and make yourself at home.

Just wanted to thank everyone for making me feel welcome to the forum.
I am doing Jeff's ecourse. I'm sure it will help alot. To answer Larry's question...Bradley Stainless. Thanks again, Steve.

Hey Lp welcome to the group. If you ever need to clean out the smoke generator on your smoker, give me a shout. I just cleaned mine for the first time. I smoke alot and it gets gummed up pretty good, but it is easy to clean, so if yours gets stuck, give me a shout...

Welcome, Steve!
You have found exactly the right place and at exactly the best time. C'mon in and set a spell with us! We're here for the long run and looking to welcome as many as possible to the "family".
Cheer!
Monty

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky