Newbie in Kansas City

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

butler77

Original poster
Dec 20, 2006
Kansas City, MO
Hello everyone. My name is Jeff and I am from Kansas City, Missouri. Go Chiefs!!

I recently purchased a Masterbuilt Electric Smoker and I have already smoked a pork shoulder that turned out great. I don't have any other experience smoking meats and I my experience with grilling is pretty limited as well. I figured the electric smoker would get me into the groove of things pretty quickly with some awesome results and then I could move on to more advanced techniques.

I am glad I found this website. It has already proven to be an extremely valuable resource for beginners, as I am sure pros have probably learned a thing or two as well.

Hi Jeff, welcome to SMF. I am new too, and have gotten alot of help here. These guys (and gals) know their stuff.

Glad to have you with us Jeff. There is something here for everyone -noob and oldtimer alike. It seems like whenever I think I have a handle on this smoking thing, someone comes up with a new twist for doing something that makes me have to think outside the box again. So even though I've been at this for I while I still manage to learn something new every twice in a while.

Just a Quick Merry Christmas and to say there is some great info on here. I just built a small smoke house and I am fixn to pull off our Christmas eve deer roast.
Have a blessed Christmas

Welcome to the forum from S.W. Missouri. Glad to have ya here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky