Newbie in Houston

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by twomill, Sep 8, 2007.

1. twomill

twomill Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

Two weeks ago my wife surprised me with a small pit (new braunfels). I guess she got tired of me trying to pretend on a grill. I found SMF later that first night while pit was seasoning. This is really a great site.

It is amazing what a difference the right equipment can do. So far, I have done 4 briskets, 4 fatties, 2 boston butts, 8 baby back ribs and various chicken parts. I can actually experiment with different rubs and spices now. Will post some pics as soon as figure out how.

2. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF! Glad you joined us!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

3. crewdawg52

crewdawg52 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Howdy Twomill. Like Meowy said...Big Welcome to SMF. You will love this place like we all do! Hope to see some Q-views from ya. [​IMG]

4. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Howdy Houston Newbie, glad you found your place on the SMF. Don't be shy about asking questions, everyone here is friendly (don't pay attention to the avatars) and willing to help a fellow smoker. Houston has some pretty darn good Mexican food eateries, those are the things I don't forget...

5. smokebuzz

smokebuzz Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the greatest BBQ site on the net

6. redbrinkman1955

redbrinkman1955 Smoking Fanatic

Hey you got a good wife there I had to smoke a few times until she got on board.ask questions if you have them post a lot of pictures.
    Good Luck and Good Smoking
    Redbrinkman1955[​IMG]

7. blackhawk19

blackhawk19 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF, WOW you got busy quick [​IMG]

8. chris_harper

chris_harper Master of the Pit OTBS Member

welcome from another texan- waco here.

9. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Welcome Twomill -

Glad you decided join us.

10. johnd49455

johnd49455 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF the best BBQ site on the net[​IMG]

[​IMG]on jumping right in to the addiction [​IMG], now you won't be able to quit.

I haven't purchased Jeff's rub recipe yet butt I hear it is a good place to start[​IMG]

11. coleysmokinbbq

coleysmokinbbq Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Hi Twomill!...Welcome to the SMF!...[​IMG]...Glad to have you aboard!...I think you're gonna like it here...