Newbie help with Smoke Hollow 3 in 1

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bsevern

Original poster
Jul 25, 2013
Just got my first smoker, a Smoke Hollow 1200SH gas and charcoal Grill & Smoker. I just finished sealing up the charcoal grill and fire box, and curing cycle.

Now I have a totally dumb question :)

I want to try smoking a pork butt. Do I build a charcoal fire on the grill side, and add my wood to it with the meat in the smoker box, or do I build a charcoal/wood fire in the smoke box with the meat in the smoker box, or????

Thanks,
Brian

You should "build your fire in the side fire box and place the meat on the grill in the cooking chamber."  I looked online at the Smoke Hollow site to get their owners manual.  I did not  see the 1200 SH but I did see the 1200 CGS and that's what it says.  I hope that helps and your cook turns out great.  I look forward to your post with photos!

Last edited:
It's the same unit, I guess the suffix designates the retail market. 

Thanks, I'll get some pics posted!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky