Newbie from WV

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

billy goat

Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
West Virginia
All:

Have been a griller for many years ... and occassionally use my Jenn-Air 75K 720-0165 LP to cook "low and slow" with smoke.

My kids just ordered me the BBQ Grillware 20K verticle smoker at Lowes ... should be here in a week.

Thought I should find a forum dedicated to smokers ... similar to the www.bbqsource-forums.com forum for grilling. I was very pleased when I found this informative forum.

Thanks in advance for your help.

BG in WV

Welcome aboard. Be sure to sign up for the 5 day course. It's a definite must do. Also, bring all your questions. There's a lot of experience to take advantage of and it's yours for the asking.

Hi Billy:

Welcome to SMF. You came to the right place, lots og great people and good advice to be had here. Congrats on your new smoker; looking forward to hearing about and seeing pics of your first smoke with it.

Welcome to SMF! Glad you found us. Ask lots of questions, the friendly folk here will make answer.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

BG,

Welcome aboard ............... hope the Maountaineer's keep smokin like you. (I spent 4 good years in Morgatown ....... I think it was 4ys
icon_eek.gif
, well I remember 2yrs at least )

Thanks Randy ... I'm a Mountaineer fan ... but I'm more of a Marshall fan ... all three of my kids are either attending or have graduated from Marshall.

Saturday the meet in Huntington!

BG in WV

Richtee:

Thanks for the welcome ... My specialty?

I've been grilling alot of haddock lately. Skin side down on a pear or apple plank, season with salt, fresh rosemary and EVOO.

Also, Brasilian Churrasco ... salted meats grilled with a constant basting of fat [tallow or bacon fat].

BG in WV

Thanks for joining us at thr SMF. There are a lot of smokers and some grillers too, that can offer you help on most anything.

Hey Billy, welcome.
icon_smile.gif
Your gonna love that smoker. I sure do like mine, especially when I installed the needle valve like cascadedad suggested. Its much easier to control the high temps now. I don't know how to post the link for you to click on to read about it.
icon_redface.gif
Terry

Huh...OK. Familiar with the fishes thing, but never heard tell O Churrasco...
Enquiring minds wanna know!

Pleeze post methods, recipes and of course.. Q-VIEW!

Thank ya kindly!

gypsyseagod:

WOW ... I live about 90 minutes from Summersville ... anf haelp host the Civil War reenactment at Carnifex Ferry every other year. I'll PM you, and if I'm in town, I'd love to come ... and learn!

BG in WV

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky