Newbie from the Land of Lincoln!

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by lautay, Jul 4, 2010.

1. lautay

lautay Newbie

Abe loved the smoke, honest! 

I've had a smoker of sorts for a while, but haven't really "smoked".  Couple of birds and sausages until a month ago when I smoked my first butt!  Trying a brisket and spares today.  I have learned a lot already from searching this forum.  From rubs and mops to time frames and temperatures, you guys are a great help to those of us starting out.  Thanks again and Happy 4th!

btw, I have a "Great Outdoors - Smokey Mountain Series" vertical gas smoker. 

2. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

welcome to SMF,

The great thing about this place is there's allways someone willing to help.

Show us some pics of your smokes when you get a chance.

3. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

welcome to smf and yep lots of help here

4. deannc

deannc Master of the Pit

Welcome aboard!  Definitely some great information and great help here as you've already seen.  Looking forward to some Qview.  

5. etcher1

etcher1 Master of the Pit

Welcome [​IMG]to the [b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]SMF[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b] forum, You came to the right place. Good people and good info.

6. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview. [​IMG]

7. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Welcome to SMF there Abe. You'll really like it here for there are alot of really good folks help that would just love to help you out with just about anything to do with smoking meat.