newbie from Texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

billbfoot

Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
Hey folks,

New to the forum and pretty green when it comes to smoking, but I've been grilling for years. We're in Dallas, Texas, and are just about melting right now with triple digit temps. But that didn't stop me from keeping the smoker temp in the triple digits for Father's Day yesterday. I've been smoking since last November when I purchased a Masterbuilt Electric Smoker. I know what you're saying... "a Texan using an electric smoker?!" Well, for me, it's all about convenience. I've got two kids, ages 6 and 3, that keep me otherwise occupied on the weekends, and that's OK by me. I like being able to start up the smoker, get the food in, and know the temp and smoke are going to stay consistent while I go play with my kids, run to Home Depot, or sit down for an hour with my guitar.

Anyway, I've had luck so far working up some pretty good smoking protocols for salmon, Boston butt, whole chicken, and babybacks. Did a ham for Christmas, which turned out pretty nice as well. And I've picked up some useful info here in this forum along the way. Thanks for all the help!

~Billbfoot

Welcome to SMF Bill. No shame in a watt-burner. Try some fish...seems to be the way to go for the more "delicate" foods. Enjoy your time here!

Welcome to the forum. Its the place to be for info and meeting nice folks.

Pull up a seat and stay awhile
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif

Bill welcome to SMF alot of us "cheat" to make smoking easier in one way or another but it works for us and thats what counts. There is lots of good info and recipes here as well as good people to help when questions arise. Have Fun and Happy Smoking

Welcome to the SMF, we have some members who also use the MES. Sounds like you've had a few smokes under your belt, it's all good.

Welcome to the forum. Great place filled with an abundance of smoking knowledge.
May all you smokes be thin and blue.

Heya Bill!

Another Bill here. I was born there, in Baylor Univ. Med. Ctr, but unfortunately, my parents were yankees and dragged me up to Ohio before I was a year old.... the nerve!

Eventually, I convinced them that the only white stuff that should be on the ground is next to the water and has a beach umbrella and cooler on it..

Glad ya made it here. I'm new here, but already found a ton of good info...

Enjoy!

Welcome to the fire Bill. Displaced west Texan (and Stars fan) here in Denver. Good group of folks here and such a wealth of info I can't stay away for long.

Welcome to SMF. There are lots of friendly folks around here with tons of knowledge and ideas. Just browse through the threads and check out anything that catches your eye. Be sure to throw your two cents in anytime you can.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky