Newbie from Peoria, AZ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

desertdenizen

Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
Peoria, AZ
Hello All...I'm a relative newbie to smoking. I received my first smoker (a square Brinkmann vertical) for Father's Day this year and have been experimenting on my family with different meats and different woods. The favorites, so far, are alder-smoked salmon and hickory-smoked pork shoulder. I look forward to being able to pick the brains of the more experienced smokers on this forum, so I can improve my craft.

Erik

Brinkmann Square Vertical Smoker

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome Eric to SMF. You'll like it here for there are a lot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are a lot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction  

Thank you, Mark! Addiction is right on the money! I am always on the Smoking-Meat.com page on FB. I only smoke every other weekend because of when my youngest son comes over, but that's when I ask Jann what meat she would like me to smoke and which wood she would like me to use. This weekend it's a turkey breast (preferrably a whole one, if I can find it) using hickory charcoal and hickory chips. I will post pictures (if I remember to) and will let you know how it turns out.

Welcome to SMF!!!

Any questions you have someone here will be able to answer.

welcome westsider.................i'm on the other side of town but my mom lives over there. go easy on the hickory for the bird.......fry's usually has bone in whole breast in the freezer section and they come out great! good luck and don't forget the Q-view.

Hello Peoria, and welcome to the SMF. plenty of satisfied smokers from the SW here, along with the other states too. It's all good my friend.

Last edited:
Welcome to the SMF.  Glad to have you aboard. 

Thanks, chefrob. Glad to be here. I got a good deal on fresh whole turkey breast and some turkey drumsticks at Sprouts. Going to brine them overnight. Will try to take some before and after pics and will let everyone know how they come out.

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Welcome to SMF desertdinzen,

You're going to love it here. Lots of good people with good advise. Don't forget the q-view.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
icon_cool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky