Newbie from PA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dblcrona

Original poster
Dec 14, 2019
Hi, my name is Ken and I’ve been grilling with charcoal for the past 8 years and finally broke down and bought a Traeger Pro 575 pellet grill. I was just tired of not being able to control my temp and I’ve been wanting the ability to smoke meats. I’ve only used it a couple times but I’m really happy with it and excited to smoke a turkey on Christmas Day. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

Welcome from Emporium in Cameron County. Depending on how intense you want the Smoke flavor, you might take a look at the A-MAZE-N Tube Pellet Smoke Generator as a supplement to what you Traeger puts out...JJ

Welcome, cooked a turkey for Thanksgiving, best 1 I ever done, set on smoke for about 3 hours, 117 internal ,then transferred to a cooking bag and finished in the oven, injected with Tony C butter creole and peppered skin before the cook

Will be looking for your post of the cook, in case you didn't know they host pictures here so adding them is so easy to do its a crime not too lol

BB1ABADE-BAE5-40F0-AD59-61E8149347F3.jpeg
Before the bag

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky