• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Newbie from Ontario Canada

caseaday

Joined Sep 22, 2010
Always love the BBQ when we travel through the States.

Planning a trip to Texas in the spring and have bookmarked a bunch of places including some we have been to before such as Black's in Lockhart.

While I have done brisket in the oven at home, smoking is what I want to learn about and do more of.  At present I only have a Weber Summit series gas BBQ but will certainly consider buying a smoker, wood preferred.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Thanks

Graham

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

richoso1

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 21, 2007
Hello Graham, welcome to the SMF. Whenever you have a question, just ask our friendly members, they are very helpful and sometimes even comical! BTW, I spent a little time in your Province, but I have a lot of great memories. It's all good my Friend.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
Welcome to SMF glad you decided to join us. You'll find lots of good info here and some great recipes as well. Sounds like a nice trip have fun. 

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Welcome Caseaday!

Case a day??? I got a buddy that's been doing that for years----way too much for me!

A lot of good friendly, helpful people here.

Enjoy,

Bearcarver

chefrc

Meat Mopper
Joined Jun 17, 2010
Welcome Caseaday

If you happen to be  in Denton Texas stop at The Smokehouse. They have a Kings Plate with seven BBQ' d meats on it for a very reasonable price. You won't leave there hungry.And great to have you onboard. Lot's of great people on here with lot's of great information, and they are always happy to help. Again Welcome to the Family

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

First off Welcome Graham to SMF.  You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. If you are going to be around the Austin area then you have to go to the famous Salt Lick I hear thats it's the greatest bbq anywhere. I guess they haven't been to our back porch for one of my dinners. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction

ak1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 23, 2010
Welcome Graham!!

Always nice to see another member from Ontario

etcher1

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 3, 2007
Welcome to the SMF forum, You came to the right place. Good people and good info.

alien

Joined Sep 4, 2010
Welcome Caseaday it is nice to see somebody else from Ontario,Canada

big-guy

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 12, 2010
Welcome, Ontario is kind of big can you narrow it down a little closer? Another Canuck 

tigerregis

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 29, 2009
The forum should put up the city or town. But as soon as one goes to a US site, it always takes the province as "home." Ontario runs from Vermont to Minnesota E/W and the Great Lakes to Hudson Bay N/S.

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
The forum should put up the city or town. But as soon as one goes to a US site, it always takes the province as "home." Ontario runs from Vermont to Minnesota E/W and the Great Lakes to Hudson Bay N/S.

I noticed that.

There should be a way for the forum to narrow it down, when you guys take the time to fill out the registration completely.

So many don't put anything. It's nice to know at least what state a guy is from, or what part of that beautiful vast area to our North he is from, especially when you're talking about weather, or prices in that area, or meat cuts available there, and things like that.

Just my two cents,

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.