Newbie from New Jersey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brucem609

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
South Jersey
Hi all great forum here!
Have a smoke pistol (see link)
http://www.shop.5-0bbq.com/Smoke-Pis...oke-Pistol.htm

and the wife got me a MES today for Xmas. Picked it up at Lowes for $179.99.

Never used an electric one before, I hope it does a great job. I have always used my propane grill with the smoke pistol. I do a lot of butts, and ribs, Looking to branch out to do some chix, maybe turkeys and other things.

Any others in NJ?

Welcome Bruce.
There are a few other members on here from Jersey, 9 or 10 I think but only a few of us chime in regularly.
As you must already know Jersey is not a really huge place for the world of BBQ but it is finally growing.
Where abouts are you from?
All the way down South Jersey here. Close to Philly and Atlantic City.

Welcome, Glad to have you with us. This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For Those of you New to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.
Click Here it's "FREE"... 5 Day eCourse

Everyone here enjoys seeing the Qview so be sure to post plenty of pics...

Large ones that us old people with bad eyes can see.

When you uploading to Photobucket I always use the Large IMG setting, 640 x 480 it is a nice size...

How to post Qview to Forum:

For Step By Step Instructions On Posting Qview Check Out This Tutorial

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=82034

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you aboard.

Hi, and welcome.

I'm fairly new to this forum and I read a lot more than I write, but thought I'd drop in here and say that I'm in Jersey, too. Maplewood (Essex County), to put a finer point on it.

Jersey definitely doesn't have the highest per capita concentration of BBQ'ers in the nation, but I must say that over the last 3 or 4 years I've seen a noticeable increase in and around my town. I like to think having my smoker fired up every weekend, in the driveway where everyone can see it, has contributed to the trend in some small way.

Anyway, there's lots of good info and fun discussion on this forum -- you've come to the right place.

Burlington County here. I work in Philly and live in NJ. Have you ever heard of sweet Lucy's over in the North East part of Philly? Great BBQ place, espicially if you need a quick fix for some Q.

Hadn't heard of them but I checked out their website and I'll definitely stop there next time I'm in Philly.
I loved on the menu how they explain the question that people ask about why the meat is pink.
Thanks for the tip
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome! I'm from S NJ / mount laurel area. Agreed with everyone else, doesn't seem to be a big number of BBQ'ers here...but the few of us are doing our part to fill the weekend air with smoke and BBQ :D

Jay

Welcome to the SMF, and congrats on the new MES. It's all good my friend.

can't keep up my box temps today....Need help? any ideas ? South Jersey is in the teens and can't get the box above 200....

Try a windbreak or some insulation.
When it gets too cold for my sNp I just lay a towel on top of the cooking chamber making sure it isn't too close to the heat and it does the trick.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky