Newbie from Maine

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brian1

Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
I am a newbie to smoking . I'm still trying to decide which smoker to buy and will likely just watch and learn from all of you.

Welcome to SMF! Glad you found us. Sign up for Jeff's 5-day ecourse on smoking basics. Ask lots of questions, the friendly folk here will make answer.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Hello Brian, plenty of great advise here at the SMF. Read around and it might help you decide on a smoker. I think everyone here has bought one smoker and then upgraded/changed throughout theire smokin' times. Part of the learning curve.

Welcome in, Brian. You'll find lots of help here. Good luck on your choice of smokers. It's fun to shop for one, even better to cook on one. We're glad you're here!

Welcome aboard,

Please tell us a little about how you plan to use your smoker and we will do our best to help you select one.

1. How many people are you planning on cooking for.
2. Do you know if you want wood, charcoal, gas or electric?
3. What do you plan on smoking
4. What kind of budget do you wish to work with
5. Do you want to build it yourself

Hey Brian, welcome from Montana also. You will have to forgive Gypsy, he stopped in the middle of his post, musta had to change a poopy diaper
wink.gif
anyway, what he meant to say was, send the lobster to ME
smile.gif
, and send the bill to him.
icon_razz.gif
again, welcome. Terry

Welcome Brian -

You've come to the right place!

First sign up for Jeff's FREE 5 day Smoking Basics eCourse:
http://www.smoking-meat.com/smoking-basics-ecourse.html

It'll go through the basics and get you off on the right foot!

then subscribe to Jeff’s FREE Smoking Meat newsletter:
http://www.smoking-meat.com/subscribe.html

Second download and read Jeff's FREE How To Smoke Meat PDF it's also free and full of great information to get you going and correct some of the mis-steps you may have made in the past:
http://www.smoking-meat.com/how-to-smoke-meat.pdf

Enjoy!

I am going to use charcoal and I want to smoke ribs,briskets,and poultry. Nothing huge but maybe for 6-8 people. I was looking at a small Brinkman.
Thoughts?

BigArm- I'm headed to Montana in October. I love it out there.

Thanks for time.

Brian

Hey Brian, what part of Montana are ya coming to? I am in the NW corner, on the west shore of Flathead lake. If your gonna be any where close, and have time for a beer, give me a call and I will meet you and buy you a beer. I would enjoy meeting you and talkin some BBQ.
biggrin.gif
Terry

Wow gypsyeagod awsome pics & so many. I need to learn to document my smokes like you. I was stuck viewing your picks so long I forgot to welcome Brian.

Brian, Welcome to SMF the best BBQ site on the net
icon_exclaim.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky