Newbie from B-Ton

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kenjunior

Original poster
Apr 22, 2008
I'se here!

New smoker over the weekend. What's better? It wouldn't fit in the car with the 2 kids, had to leave one kid at the store! LOL

Naw, we really thought it would fit in the trunk but it didn't so one kid rode on mom's lap for the 1+ hour trip home while the other was SQUEEZED in the back seat with the smoker. Guess we should have drove the truck?

Its "seasoned" and ready to be USED! Will hopefully start something tomorrow just cause I can.

KJ

Welcome to the SF. I would like to suggest some chicken quarters for the first smoke, but you are in the right place to gain some great information... Searcch the forums, and ask some questions and sit back and get ready to learn. Have fun and post some pics. We love to see what the others have done. Good Luck.... keep it thin and blue!

I'd smoke anything that is not living and not frozen for the first time. I'd have plenty of beer and have smoke you could just see. That way the neighbors don't know whats going on.
Welcome the the SMF, it's a great place to talk smoke

geob.

Welcome to the site..............What kind smoker did you get? ................Lots of great info here and people.............

Masterbuilt Digital Electric.

Samsclub. Toyed with the Cabelas Maserbuilt one but it was quite a bit smaller. I can do 2 turkeys plus a little if I need to. Cabelas one may have done 2 baby turkeys. Just thinking a head, may never have a need to do 2 turkeys but hey, size matters, <grin>.

Have smoked meats a little in the past with the old fashioned monster on wheels, too much wood eaten up in one of those bad boys for an occasional (weekly) feast.

KJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky