Newbie - Chuckwagon Cooker New Brans Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

harpy757

Original poster
Jul 24, 2016
Hello everyone I'm new to the forum as I have just recently been given a smoker from my father in law. I can't seem to find much info on these smokers on line and curious if much of you have had any experience with them? My father in law currently has one and it's a bigger size then the one he gave me but I fired it up yesterday on some Beef short ribs and they seemed to turn out pretty well. I went through a whole bag of charcoal, so today I decided to make a charcoal basket to help maybe save on some of the fuel.

So questions and any help would be great.

Anyone have any best practices for cooking on something this small?

Any mods that would be best to help performance?

The temp held pretty well at 225 for 9 hours but like I said before used a lot of fuel. Will give it a go this next weekend on the new charcoal basket but any other mods any one can suggest would be awesome! Thanks in advanced and looking forward to getting to know some of you all!

I'm trying to figure out how to upload pics!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky