Newbie checking in!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

joe clark

Original poster
Nov 8, 2007
Sherwood, AR
My name is Joe Clark I just joined the forum yesterday. I am a master of eating smoked and BBQ meat but don't know jack about preparing it. I found this site while researching a smoker.

I haven't decided on a smoker yet!

I live in Sherwood, AR and have been a computer programmer for last 20 years. My main hobbies are hunting and fishing.

I look forward to learning from all you experts, I get hungry just reading some of these posts!

Welcome to SMF, Joe! You have certainly come to the right place. I've only been a member for a few weeks but I am already turning out better stuff from my smoker. Don't be shy about asking questions. Folks here are ready and willing to help you out anyway they can. Glad to have you with us.

Hey Joe, whaddia know? Or, more importantly, what are you ABOUT to! :{) Hang on Bud... the learning curve here is a cliff! ZOOM! Look into the fatty to start...easy and almost foolproof. Maybe a pork butt next. Get a good thermometer at the same time as the smoker...it's required gear. Ask away... we love it.

Will be nice to have another geek 'round here!
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

Welcome to the finest group of smokin' experts around (I'm talking about them other dudes and dudettes, of course.)

Hello Joe, and welcome to the SMF. Glad to know another hunting and fishing buddy is amongst us. You're going to enjoy the friendly members here, not to mention all the great advise, tips, and laughs too! Keep reading around this site, there is a wealth of Q knowledge here.

Welcome Joe. It's always good to see another Arkie on here. I was kind of passing through Sherwood a couple of weeks ago. Was doing some things in Cabot but broke for lunch at Friday's at Lakewood Village.

Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us.

another newbie here. Uh....you are gonna become addicted to this place.

icon_twisted.gif

Hey Joe, welcome.
icon_biggrin.gif
The knowledge in this forum will amaze you. Ask virtually any question, and someone here can answer it! For instance, I now know how to pickle eggs and gizzards, and Lord are they good! (of course, most of that is due to me being so naturally talented)
icon_lol.gif
tongue.gif
icon_redface.gif

I need to welcome you to SMF and also extend a welcome to another Comp Sci guy. Spent my entire working career in the field and then the Comp Sci, Agency and Consulting field after that.

Really nice to have you on board. You will love it and learn a lot. I know I have.

Skip

Welcome Joe, Hunting and fishing is a perfect hobbie for this Forum, Meat and Fish. If you have a question about either, there are people that have the answer,just give them time to answer back.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky