newbie - checkin' in

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rather be in the keys

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Minne o so cold
I just got my smoker. Tried out a few things - fattys, chicken, ABT's,

A guy can't live on that alone, so I'm looking for help at every turn.

I can't wait to dig in and learn.

Welcome to SMF! Check out Jeff's 5-day ecourse on smoking basics. It's a great way to build basic smoking knowledge. Browse through the forums here. Ask lots of questions, the friendly folk here will make answer.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Hi Rather- You have found THE place to maximize your skill and and enjoyment on the new machine. Let everone here know what type/brand you have, and you'll get a wealth of tips on it's capabilities and any modifications to perhaps improve it.

Not to mention techniques and tips to improve you, the most important part of the smoker.

It's a great place, enjoy the ride!

Welcome to the best smokin' site on the net! Don't be afraid to ask what you don't know and share what you do... we're a friendly bunch here!

So, you want to try something different... try a meatloaf, or smoke a pork shoulder or a Boston butt for pulled pork. All are very forgiving and will produce a "Wow" factor among your family and friends.

Have fun!

I bought a Masterbuilt Electric smoker. I've got a remote thermometer, couple of bags of woods, working on favorite rub (gotta keep away from garlic though).

Got the smoker and found this forum on recommendation from a friend - KWesmoker here.

Looking to do a pork loin next.

Thanks for the greetings.

Hmm you a vampire?
PDT_Armataz_01_14.gif

Welcome to SMF keys! Glad ya found us. Try smoking mixed veggies during your next smoke. Just a suggenstion:

zuccinni, yellow squash, onion, and bell pepper mixed with garlic, s & p, and EVOO. spread out on foil and go for it, turning every so often.

Good luck on the future smokes.

Welcome to the SMF,Rather! Good place to hang out,get good sound knowledge, and just have fun with your new smoking family.We have a good time here as well as cook good food. We like pictures of your smokes and we like to see your smokers. Happy smoking, Paul

MY gf and I will be riding the bike to key west in a couple of weeks. Where do you want us to stop and take pictures for you?????
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome Ratherbe -

You've come to the right place! KeyWest wasn't fooling!

Download Jeff's FREE 5 day Smoking Basics eCourse:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/mod...ewarticle&id=3

It'll go through the basics and get you off on the right foot!

then subscribe to Jeffâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s FREE Smoking Meat newsletter:
http://www.smoking-meat.com/subscribe.html

Next download and read Jeff's FREE How To Smoke Meat PDF it's also free and full of great information to get you going! http://www.smoking-meat.com/how-to-smoke-meat.pdf

Enjoy!

Welcome to the SMF family
icon_exclaim.gif

& ya what they all have said.

BTW I am partial to butts hard to kill -- always come out great
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky