Newbe from Philly

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

swavet22

Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
N.E Philly
Hey folks my name is rich I'm from the far North east part of philly and I just purchased a perfect flame gas smoker and am new to smokers. I've been grilling for a while and tried my hand at smoking on the grill so I decided to get a smoker and try it. Any help suggestions will be appreceated
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. Congrats on the new smoker. You will find lots of good info here. Sign up for Jeff's 5 Day Ecourse its got great info and its free it will give you the basics and more. If you have questions people here are more than willing to try to answer them. Have fun and happy smoking

welcome to smf!!! like piney said ck out the free ecourse, also jeffs rub n sauce are very good if you are interested in those. lotsa info here along with the finest people you ever want to know who are willing to help at all times. get that smoker rollin and share some smokes with qview!!!

Welcome to smf. The first and foremost thing to remember when smoking something can be stated with one word. SLOW. Hope to see you around.

brian

Hia Rich, Rich here LOL! Not familiar with that exact model, but I bet some here have it. Sounds perhaps close to the GOSM type smoker. The key is..get your smoker down, learn to produce Thin Blue Smoke, and maintain/manage temps. The rest is just recipes and experience with different meats ....it's EASY! <riiiiight>

I'm going to try to smoke a roast tomorrow. I'll let you now how it turned out. Wish me luck.
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
:biggrin :
biggrin.gif

Glad to have you as part of the SMF, a place where friendly folks like to share good times.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky