New

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mom2girls

Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
My name is Tammi and I recently decided that instead of paying big bucks for my youngest who was suriving off sonnys pork Id learn to do it mysel.I smoked a boston butt sunday and at 7 she polished over over half the 8lb roast in a day.Since I am just learning any advice would be great,Im using an electric smoker,I know its cheating but as a singlr mom and full time student it works.lol

Welcome, Glad to have you with us. This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For Those of you New to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.
Click Here it's "FREE"... 5 Day eCourse

Everyone here enjoys seeing the Qview so be sure to post plenty of pics...

Large ones that us old people with bad eyes can see.

When you uploading to Photobucket I always use the Large IMG setting, 640 x 480 it is a nice size...

How to post Qview to Forum:

For Step By Step Instructions On Posting Qview Check Out This Tutorial

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=82034

Welcome aboard Mom!

Nice to have you here, and I hope some of the folks with electrics can help you out.

Remeber...it's not cheating if you're having fun, and makin good Q
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Nothing wrong with doing it your way. Sounds like it came out great.
Again welcome if you have any question I proably don't know the answer to but seveal people on this isite are sure to bend over backwords to help you out.

Hey Tammi.Welcome to smf ... Lots of folks here with lots of experience...help is always just a post away.Happy smokes !
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you aboard.

Hello Tami
Welcome aboard - there are lots of us with electrics here - I have a smokin Tex 1400 so if I can help let me know
Glad to have you with us

Welcome to the forum, nothing wrong with electric smokers, I have 2 of them, the one on the right smoked a brisket while I was sleeping over night, you can also see the Traeger and the smokestack from the fridge conversion in the back ground
b8796086_vbattach23088.jpg

Tammi, welcome to the SMF. Using an electric smoker is not cheating, just ask anyone who owns a MES. It's all about the end result, if it taste good to you, then you've done the job. Many different ways to smoke a meal. It's all good my friend.

Welcome to the SMF Tammi! As stated, there are plenty of us here with electric smokers and there's just nothing wrong with them after some practice! Feel free to jump right in and ask all the questions you want. Remember, there are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions. No...wait, I have that wrong...
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
You know what we mean!

Seriously, welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!

Mac

Hi Tammi and welcome to the SMF. But I've got to be honest with you. Log out now and don't come back for a while. As a single mom and a full-time student you do not have the time to handle the addiction that will come with smoking meats and joining this forum.

Awww, I'm just teasing. Congratulations on pulling off your first smoke. Sounds like the kids loved it, which is the greatest compliment you can get.

All great people aroound here who really want to help you get the results you desire. Just ask a question in the proper room and usually within a couple of minutes you'll get several replys. Great place this is.

Tammi, welcome to the SMF family. Your electric smoker will work just fine for you and will put out some great food. A number of fine folk on here use an electric smoker including me-sometimes the Lang 60 is a bit big for smoking 1 chicken.
biggrin.gif

Enjoy the new addiction!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky