New Zealand by birth, American by choice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nzrebel

Original poster
Jul 10, 2009
Greeting from Virginia. A Kiwi here, transplanted 30 years ago and growing well.

I LOVE good BBQ, my hero is Maurice Bessinger. I built my first smoker last year out of a metal trash can with a lid. I've struggled to get it going good, but I seem to have it down now. I use a cheap butane single burner and a heavy chip box for temp/smoke, it does ok except for having to change the little butane bottle every 1 1/2- 2hours!

I'm glad to have found this site. Hopefully I'll get some good advice on how to tune up my home made butt smoker

Dave

Welcome nzrebel.
Not sure how many folks will know what Kiwi is. Kiwi is what you call people from New Zealand, Aussie refers to folks from Australia.
Glad you found the site. Love some old Peter Jackson films, his early (good) work.
You're sure to get lots of help and tips, and meet some great people on the site.

Welcome To SMF Dave, kick back and look thru all the forums and you'll be a pro in no time!!

Welcome to the forum Dave, looking forward to your input here. Would love to see pics of your smoker if you ever get the time. :)

Welcome to the most knowledgable place on thenet for BBq and SMOKiN ..

I lived in NZ for 6years and theres not much BBq there.. I know you have a greater appreciation for the bbq smoke flavor than your antiopedian friends in the south ..

smoke some good product here and show the yanks how a good pie is made.. I prefer a good kumara, lamb and guiness pie my self..

WELCOME

CHEERS EARS

----> HBdBBQ

Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us.

First off welcome to SMF. You'll like it here there are alot of people here that just love to help you out with anything you need about smoking and grilling. Happy Smoking

Welcome Dave, I grew up in Columbia, SC home of Maurice Bessengers's Piggy Park and his bbq sauce. I now live in south Florida and order Marice's bbq sauce.

Scott

Hi Scott

I also order MB's sauce, the mustard kind. I'm headed down to Columbia at Thanksgiving to see relatives and will try the Piggy Park for myself. I made the relative from Columbia some pulled pork in the Trash Can smoker and he was kind enough to say it was great, but I need to know what the real deal tastes like.

Cheers
Dave

Welcome to the forums NZ! These people are advice giving addicts. I went from not even having a servicable smoker to having a well modded smoker and some decadent 'Q within three weeks of signing up.

I've been thinking about expatriating to NZ for some time. I'm just too broke. Maybe Panama...

Bad Taste=Awesome. "I'm a Derick... Dericks don't run..." Hah!

With a title like that, you get a thumbs up from me.....
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
welcome!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky