new young smoker (25yrs old) from uk

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clayton1986

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
southampton, uk
hey everyone, not  really sure what to say but here goes ive been smokin for about a month ive got a pro q frontier smoker which seems to be working out well, jus like to say im glad ive found this site it is by far the best forum out there and it has already helped me loads! just cant wait untill i get better so i can share my smokes with you lot!!

Hi Clayton

Looking forward to your Qviews 
sausage.gif

welcome1.gif
to SMF

Welcome..

This site has tons of info.

I suggest you spend some time reading all the different forums and the WIKIs.

Ask questions and use the handy dandy search tool for specific interests!!

Take the awesome free E-Course!!!

Have a great day!!!

Craig

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/wiki/about-jeffs-5-day-ecourse

Make bacon the easy way!!

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/109368/more-easy-made-bacon-with-q-view#post_666451

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/82034/how-to-post-qview-to-smf

Welcome to the  forum! You don't have to wait till you think you are better. Remember, if it tastes good. it is good!

Mike

Welcome to SMF and you are correct.  Great place with loads of info.  Enjoy your new addiction.  No 12 step program can save ya now.

Welcome to SMF clayton. 23 yrs old here, but like moose said got a couple good smokes under my belt. I dont think the meats mind my age. What does the UK think about smoked meats like this, if you dont mind me asking?

-Kang

welcome aboard. lots of good people here to give advice. you are never too young to be good. i started helping grilling steaks when i was in 7th grade by high school I was the backyard grill cook at family functions. now I am back to square one, low and slow is a different animal. give it some time a smoke everything!

icon_cool.gif

First off welcome to SMF there Clayton. You'll really like this place for there are a bunch of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking meat. Then if you have any questions you just post them here or yu can try in chat for a faster answer. If you are really new to all of this I would recommend that you look up and take the e-course. It is free and it will also give you the basics on smoking. So with all that said now go and get something to smoke.

Welcome To Your New Addiction

Welcome to SMF clayton. 23 yrs old here, but like moose said got a couple good smokes under my belt. I dont think the meats mind my age. What does the UK think about smoked meats like this, if you dont mind me asking?

-Kang
most people in the uk think that bbq is burning things on a grill but i have met a few people that are into low and slow, and there are a few competitions starting u but nothing like the usa,

Welcome to the SMF Family...JJ

Never too young to start BBQ'n! At 18, 29 now, I was indirect BBQ'n on some open grill 5'x3' grill with mesquite lump charcoal for a catering company. After that the smoking hobby started. Meat and smoke has just gone hand in hand with me ever since thanks to this sight my game has really improved and I've learned a ton that I didn't know before.

Your learning curve will drastically be shortened by these fine folks.

Welcome to SMF glad you can join us.  We are big on Pics and love to help everyone out.  Remember the only question that is dumb is one not asked.  You will not find a friendlier place to talk Que on the web.

You are going to fit in just fine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky