New with ??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nana

Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
My Husband made a smoker from a grill and we had a cast iron wood heater so he added it to the end for the wood box.

We want to do a boston butt!!!! how do we smoke it do you put it in foil are not .add rub and inject it??? sorry lots of ? just want it to turn out good and how long to cook it about 7 pds.

Thanks for all your help.

Welcome. This is definately the place to get those answers and many more. Check out the pork section of forums, there are a couple "stickys" ther that answer those exact questions. Again, welcome

Last edited:
Welcome to the SMF, this is the place where you can find the answers. Make sure you have some good thermometers, and follow the link that bmudd sent you. You will find that smoking is easy, just make sure you have plenty of time, because it is all low and slow.

Hello Nana, and thanks for joining us at the SMF. I see you're already being steered in the right direction. T's all good my friend.

Welcome aboard nana!  Be sure to post some Qview when you get that butt started!  The link provided by bmudd will definitely get you on your way to some great pulled pork!

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky