New type Brisket with Q-view...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

abelman

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 14, 2007
Littleton, CO
Figured I'd try something new with an end game in mind. Marinated and Injected (forgot that at first=edit) these 2 small flats in Italian dressing for 18-hours.

Then, I used Jeff's Rub on them:

And finally, I put them on a rack in a pan with chopped onions,
cauliflower, carrots and more Italian dressing.

I'll take these to 150 and then remove them and foil. At that point, I'll finish them to 185 and then do a thin slice on them. At this point, they have been on for 6 hours at 230 and I'm at 140 internal so we're taking this slooooooow. It will be worth it.

Once that is done, the slices go.......well, when we get to that part tomorrow, I'll update with pictures.

yumm abelman looks good-just pulld pig candy off the smoker-overnite in a cinnamon-chipotle/ with a hint of 6-15,mama's in hog heaven.

Sounds like Flash's new found rub and the 6-15, well, let's just say that's right up Dad's ally but the others are working up to it. At 5 and 3 years old, they have potential
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif
Mom does pretty well in her own right.

End of the day, the heat has to be added at the end as I can't get the little fellas to eat if I cook with it. That wil be fixed as time goes by.

11 hours later, I pulled it at 185 internal and it has been resting in foil.

Here's where we are thus far:

Off the smoker at 150 and 9 hours, 20 mins at 230:

At that point, I pulled it off the smoker and foiled the top. The only mop I did was one with Italian dressing before it went to finish and right off the smoker. I finished it in the oven at 230 until I hit and internal of 185:

I let it sit in a tight wrapped foil and we'll get it to 190 and let the juices re-establish themselves.

Speaking of juices, I did keep these and we'll use them tomorrow when we slice these guys and then get to the finish line...more pics will follow if this turns out right. So far, so good as the juice is incredible!!!

Once we get things sliced up and broiled, I'll report...

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Great looking brisket!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

abelman-first of all, looks awesome!! second, i tried to inject italian dressing in a turkey once. i couldnt get it to suck it up, or squirt it out because the spices in the dressing were to big for the injector needle. any suggestions on how you pulled it off?

I have one of the larger injectors so it was a little easier but not easy per say. The thing was, if I could get the dressing in the injector by pullig the plunger back, it goes into the meat no problem.

So, I just poured all the dressing into a bowl and found easier spots. Then, whatever was left, I poured into the plastic zip lock bags for the marinating. Left them in there for 18 hours and then 1 mop with dressing as it went under the foil.

The reasoning behind the blender idea is, while in the hospital, they brought me chicken noodle soup that was blenderized! Now, it didn't taste to bad (especially after not eating anything for 4 days) but it sure did not resemble chicken noodle soup! It was just a somewhat thick liquid.

When I fry a turkey, I use good seasons Italian dressing in my marinade, only once in a while do I have a problem sucking it up in my injector, I've got the injector that cabela's sells, one of the metal ones. Will have to try the blender thing sometime.

That sounds like the exact same injector I have. But, the blender idea would make it even easier if need be.

Since I was trying something new, we got to the end game.

First, I took the briskets and sliced them very thin, check out the smoke ring.:

Then, what we weren't going to eat was packed up and frozen:

Lastly, I sauted half a yellow onion, a yellow bell pepper, and 2 jalapeno's sliced with seeds. Once done, the meat went on top of french bread, veggies on top and motzarella cheese on top and into the broiler it went. The ones in the foreground have the veggies and the backgrond a little simpler for the kids.

All told, it was very good and everything got eaten up quickly.

First time I tried it and those were the best briskets I have ever done. It has a great taste. I kind of use my kids to tell me the truth about food as kids are brutally honest. I got the, "I love this Dad!"

Give it a try and see what you think.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky