new toy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dannylang

Master of the Pit
Original poster

look ahear my new toy arrived, all stainless steel stuffer its a 7 lb one from amazon, it came with 4 tubes from 1 1/4, 1 , 3/4 , 1/2 inch, it has a high and low speed wench.

my question is how do you get all the meat out of the bottom part when the plunger hits the bottom, then the rest out of the tube..will a piece of bread work, i have heard
stories of people putting bread in the bottom to clear our the tubes. any one ever tried this...

Hey

Get cranking there.

sausage.gif

I'm not familiar with that stuffer, but it looks like you could push most of the leftover out with your finger.

I usually just make a sausage patty with whats left from my LEM.

Anyhow, congrats on the new toy!

Al

Removing the meat from the tube I bought a long wooden spoon and ball up a piece of paper towel and insert the ball of towel into the tube and push the meat out into the casing. Any left overs in the stuffer either gets fried or trashed

Info on 2 speed stuffers Please read

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/154910/2-speed-vertical-stuffers

Congrats on the stuffer..............
icon14.gif

Joe

I stressed a while about the bit of meat still in the tube but got over it. It get's put through the garbage disposal while cleaning up, but I don't know about your stuffer as far as what's in the bottom when you've cranked all you can.
I tried the bread thing without much luck.

Had the bottom elbow problem on and old weston stuffer, not much you can do about the meat left in the elbow. My LEM and Hakka do not have that problem.

Wow. I just bought the same one. Haven't had time to post my first experience but i love it. Excellent welds, good craftsmanship. Made 8lbs of sticks in a heart beat. Easy to clean too. Big horn, but my fry pan didn't mind (or my tummy). I think we both made good choices.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky