New to the website

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

69bcarguy

Original poster
Jul 9, 2016
Hey Guys!

69BCARGUY here (AKA Pat).  I call Fenton, Michigan home.  I'm new to the forum but not to smoking.  I've been using a WSM 18.5 for about 3 years now, mostly doing pork butts, pork ribs, chicken.  I've learned a great deal just browsing and searching this site.  The level of knowledge here is incredible and I'm thankful for all of those who have posted and shared their recipes and love of smoking meat.

I have a 6.5 pound pork butt on the smoker right now, IT is 181F and it smells incredible.  I used hickory and apple wood along with the blue bag Kingsford charcoal.  I make my own rub consisting of granulated onion, granulated garlic, cumin, coriander, black pepper, and my secret ingredient.  I'm going to serve with sides of Sweet Baby Ray's and a finishing sauce from SoFlaQuer'.  I'll post pics later.  

One thing I am definitely going to buy is a BBQ Guru set up.  I prefer to sleep at night!

Hey Guys!

69BCARGUY here (AKA Pat).  I call Fenton, Michigan home.  I'm new to the forum but not to smoking.  I've been using a WSM 18.5 for about 3 years now, mostly doing pork butts, pork ribs, chicken.  I've learned a great deal just browsing and searching this site.  The level of knowledge here is incredible and I'm thankful for all of those who have posted and shared their recipes and love of smoking meat.

I have a 6.5 pound pork butt on the smoker right now, IT is 181F and it smells incredible.  I used hickory and apple wood along with the blue bag Kingsford charcoal.  I make my own rub consisting of granulated onion, granulated garlic, cumin, coriander, black pepper, and my secret ingredient.  I'm going to serve with sides of Sweet Baby Ray's and a finishing sauce from SoFlaQuer'.  I'll post pics later.  

One thing I am definitely going to buy is a BBQ Guru set up.  I prefer to sleep at night!
Welcome to SMF Pat!  I've had an 18.5 for 3 years now and sleep quite well on my overnight smokes.  The Weber holds temp between 225 and 250 for 10 hours without futzing with anything.  Happy smoking!  

P.S.  We don't have no secret ingredients around here!  
biggrin.gif

Mike

Welcome to the site from papa T Michigan .There are a lot of nice people here and you can find a lot of information. It is by far the best smoking site

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from another hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky