new to the smoking meat forms

Discussion in 'Electric Smokers' started by mkgfirefighter, Jan 5, 2008.

1. hi everyone,
    came across this page looking for ideas on the electric smoker i am building and thought it was a group worth joining in on..... i will send picks of the smoker as it comes together, i made the thermostat plug today, hope to get it wired this weekend.... i made a plug to use a electric skillet thermostat cord for my thermostat, we will see how it works out..

any tips please let me know... thanks

2. gramason

gramason Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome aboard, you found the right place for all your smokin info.

3. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to smf. Lots of useful information here. I made a thermostat for my little cheif smoker using a thermostat plug from an electric frying pan, also. Works real nice. Lots of good mod's for electric smokers on here. There is a thread on them under electric smokers. If you need any help drop me a pm or e-mail. I will help anyway I can.

Kookie

4. longshot

longshot Meat Mopper OTBS Member

Welcome,
    There are plenty of helpful and knowlegeable people here and anything deserves a good DIY even if it isn't perfect you can alway claim that "it's a feature"!!

Good luck and I hope to see your q-views soon.
    LS

5. ds7662

ds7662 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome to SMF! I look forward to seeing theose pics. Remember to send pics of what cooking also.

6. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF, jump over to roll call where everyone can give you a proper greeting. Plenty of folks here who build/use electric smokers, so you should have plenty of great feedback.

7. Welcome to SMF. You will find alot of resources here. Everyone is eager to help out and give advice.

8. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF! Glad to have you here!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

9. cman95

cman95 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF. This is THE place to be.

10. smokeys my pet

smokeys my pet Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to smf. May all your smokin be thin blue for you, and safe as I see you are a firefighter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. r 12

r 12 Newbie

Happy to see another MFD. Firefighter join this sight. Good luck with the smoker bild!!!!!