New to the smoking game

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kickass32

Original poster
May 27, 2014
Hey guys/gals, I just purchased a new "Master Built" electronic smoker.....never have used one before, but a buddy has a smoker and has been telling me about all the great foods he's been doing, so I figured I'd get into the game.

My name is Tony, I live in Ontario, Canada and like I say, I'm brand new to this.

I have some questions but not sure this is the right forum to ask them in.

Yes you picked the right forum to introduce yourself. If you can't have that experienced friend supervise your first tries, maybe begin with split chicken breasts to get a feel for your unfamiliar rig.

On wood-burning rigs another trick is to place pop-up biscuits or slices of cheap white bread on the racks, to see where in the rig they toast first/fastest, but I don't know if the electric rigs run hot enough for that.

Reactions: kickass32
Hello Tony, welcome to the forum, lots of members on here would be glad to help answer your questions.

Gary S

Welcome, glad ya joined us ! There's a bunch of MES owners on here that I'am sure would answer any questions ya may have !

Thanks for the warm welcome...is there a forum specifically for questions?

Thanks for the warm welcome...is there a forum specifically for questions?
Congrats on the MES! I use one & am very happy with it 
icon_mrgreen.gif
  You should join the MES owners group here 

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/groups/show/8/masterbuilt-electric-smoker-mes-owners

That would be a great place to post all your MES questions 
thumb1.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky