New to the group from the Motorcity

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jax2012

Original poster
Jul 3, 2015
Hi all,
new guy here, but not new to grilling and slow cooking.

I picked up a Masterbuilt Pro Duel Fuel Gas smoker from the local big box store yesterday. I followed the

start up instructions and seasoned the smoker and I have to say I was concerned, low temp was 350.

I pickup up a pork loin today (about 5 pounds) and made my rub and got everything set up. To my surprise

the smoker stayed right around 215 on low, the chips smoked up great, and after about 5 hours of smoking, and
another 30 minutes of rest I cut into the loin. OMG!  It tasted great, you could smell the apple smoke, the rub
was perfect. My family and my neighbor thought it was perfect.

Looks like I have another hobby to keep me busy, to go with DIY, amateur radio and my actual job! Actually smoking, and

DIY I see going together perfectly. Put the meat in when you start a project and hopefully the project and the meat

will be done at the same time, that is my kind of time clock!

Look forward to getting input from all of you on this forum and maybe helping out a newbie later.

John

Detroit MI

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from an  overcast and warm breezy  day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything. 

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky