New to the forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

luv2eat

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Millersvill, MD
Greetings everyone.  My name is Pat and I live near Annapolis MD.  I have been cooking all my life, whatever sounds good and add my own twists.  I started smoking meats about 25 years ago when in abundance of fish and ducks.  Did a lot of experimenting but absolutely love it.  I currently have a Masterbuilt propane smoker.  While using the smoker for processing wild game was always my mainstay I do like to pop other meats in for a true smoked flavor - can't beat it :)

I happened across this site while looking up something else and have been perusing for over an hour now.  Figured I may as well join up if I'm this interested!  Lots of info here and sharing of experience, a great way to hear about and try new things.

Still perusing site and realized folks love the pics.  Trying to insert my project this eve, about 5 lbs of venison I am about to smoke.  Used electric meat cutter to keep uniform sizes so it all gets done at the same time.  Put it in homemade marinade for 24 hours and this pic is of it draining and on it's way to the smoker. I'll have to remember to take post pics before vacuum sealing... I like to break it down and take when we get outdoors - no better initiative to take more game than eating some while in the woods!

6618cb59_Marinatedvenison.jpg

Hello Pat and welcome to SMF - glad  you are finding us an interesting read. 

Welcome to SMF glad to have you with us...looks like you have got the experence so jump right in...

Welcome to SMF Pat. Were glad to have you aboard so join in, share your experiences, have some fun and don’t forget to post our favorite.

The Qveiw

Happy smoking……

Joe

So, forgot to post a bit ago as I put meat in smoker.  Venison views below with explanations.  I racked it draped, letting all meat have exposure to air for smoke.  Lets me use half the rack space and since I only have 4 racks it helps out a bunch.  Took basically just over 2 racks versus about 5 which I am shy...  Ignore the Sam Adams, that was for seasoning me, not the venison.

c679b3f4_rackedmeat.jpg

b9c06722_Meatinsmoker.jpg

welcome1.gif
 to SMF Pat. You have come to the right place for smoking info. This site is loaded with great info just use the search bar at top of page to find what you are looking for. If you can't locate the answer just ask folks here are willing to share there knowledge. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky