New To Smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

poetryww

Original poster
Dec 31, 2009
Poetry Tx
First I want to thank the person that alerted me to SAMS having the new 40" Masterbuilt Electric Smoker. I called the Buckner store and they had 8 in stock on Wed. They now have 7.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
I seasoned it yersterday evening and preped some baby back ribs last night according to the instructions outlined in the forums. I can't wait to get them going today. I plan on using Hickory and maybe some apple chips for the first 2 hours in the 2-2-1 process. I have been using a barrel type for years but was curious about the electric smokers because of this forum. It is all your fault, SMF. I do have a couple of questions (actually a lot) but that will come later, Do I leave the damper open or closed during the cook? Also, do you use the water pan for ribs? Thanks for the forum and hoping to post some pictures soon.

Thanks again,
James

Welcome to SMF James. Yeah, we kind of get the blame for a lot of things but it's all good.

As to your questions about the damper and the use of the water pan for ribs, I suggest you post those questions in the Electric Smoker section of the forum. There are a lot of watt-burners that use the MES smoker that will be more than happy to answer your MES related questions.

Enjoy!

Hi James
Welcome to SMF - glad to see you are up and running with the MES
Lot's of folks here with that unit so post away and it will get lots of answers

Welcome, Glad to have you with us. This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For Those of you New to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.
Click Here it's "FREE"... 5 Day eCourse

Everyone here enjoys seeing the Qview so be sure to post plenty of pics...

Large ones that us old people with bad eyes can see.

How to post Qview to Forum:

When you uploading to Photobucket I always use the Large IMG setting, 640 x 480 it is a nice size...

For Step By Step Instructions On Posting Qview Check Out This Tutorial

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=82034

James. you're starting out on the good foot by joining the SMF. It's all good my friend.

Welcome to the forum, If they talked you into the MES from Sam's I (happily) regret to inform you that they are going to talk you into a billion more things that you absolutely must smoke in that bad boy.

Welcome to the addiction and the support group all in one!

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks here and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky