New to smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jschmerse

Original poster
Jun 20, 2014
Wisconsin
Hello everyone. I am from central Wisconsin and new to smoking. My previous experiences with outdoor cooking revolved around steaks, brats and burgers. If I got really adventurous I tried not to dry out chicken breasts.

I have a Weber 22.5" and bought the Smokenator to start out with and see if I liked it before I upgrade to something bigger. So far I have done two briskets, two butts, three racks of ribs and some chicken. With the exception of my first go at the ribs everything has turned out very well. My first brisket was a little dry but I have reasoned that it wasn't cooked long enough. My second go at one produced much better results.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning about the smoking world. I definitely enjoy the food but also the adventure of getting there. Nothing better than sitting out on my patio with a beer and my grill.

Hello and Welcome to our addiction.  Many good folk here with a load of experience that they are more than willing to share.  If you have specific questions just start a thread and someone with experience will be along soon to offer advice.  All info you can provide us with such as smoker type, location and so on will help us answer any questions you may have, and pictures help a bunch.  Spend some time doing some research on the forums, tons of advice and recipes already available there.  Check out Jeff’s 5 day smoking E-Course ( link below ) that will help you get started.  We look forward to your contributions.  Have fun.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

http://www.smoking-meat.com/smoking-basics-ecourse

Hello from East Texas and welcome to the forum

Gary S

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky