New to smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

beerlovers

Original poster
Feb 1, 2014
Tekamah Nebraska
I'm a Cornhusker and got my electric smoker for christmas last year so I have done a little smoking this last year but not alot. I do really enjoy doing it and I hope to get better at it.

i

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

I'm doing my first pork butt been going since 8am it is now 645pm been spraying with Apple juice every two hours using pecan foor smoke how long should I let it rest to pull the meat

Check your internal temp, when it gets up to 195 - 205 its ready I would wrap it in a couple of old towels and let it rest for an hour or so. When you grab the shoulder blade bone, give it a slight twist, it should pull out clean     Pulled Pork !!!!!

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky